For Appointments Please call: +919822176677
Fill The Details To Receive Call Back
Scar Removal In Nagpur
What is Scar Removal Treatment?
Scars form as part of the body’s healing process. Your body builds tissue to repair damaged skin and close gaps due to an injury. Scars come in all shapes and sizes. They can result from accidents, burns, surgery, acne and illness. Over time, most scars fade away. Several treatments can make scars less noticeable.
Side Effects of Scars
Though they’re a natural part of the healing process, scars can be emotionally devastating. scars can negatively impact self-esteem and result in mental complications, especially if they result in disfigurement or are in a prominent location.
Other side effects of scars may include:
- Anxiety and/or depression
Types of Scars
Scars come in all different types shapes sizes. Knowing the kind of scar you have can determine the type of treatment you will receive here. The most common types of scars are:
- Keloid scars: If you have a scar from an injury, Firm and either pink or dark red, form as a result of extra collagen under your skin. Keloid scars also extend beyond the area of the initial injury.
- Hypertrophic scars: If your scar looks like a keloid scar but doesn’t go beyond the affected area, it’s most likely a hypertrophic scar. Raised and often red, hypertrophic scars are commonly mistaken for keloid scars
- Contracture scars: If you suffer a severe burn and it leaves a scar, you have a contracture scar.
- Acne scars: These are permanent textural changes and indentations left on the skin as a result of a serious acne breakout.